Who we are
The Kingston Immigration Partnership (KIP) is one of 77 Local Immigration Partnerships (LIPs) in Canada. KIP is the Community Planning Table in Kingston, Ontario that provides leadership in the community to attract, welcome, integrate and retain newcomers in support of a strong, resilient and vibrant community and to ensure long-term prosperity in Kingston.
The Partnership was established in 2009 by three founding partners: KEYS Job Center, the Kingston Economic Development Corporation, and the Kingston Community Health Centres.
Through ongoing community consultation, we have identified the following three themes as our focus:
- Education and Training
- Information, Orientation and Welcoming
- Racism and Discrimination
- Social Supports and Community Connections
- Health and Wellness
- Housing, Transportation and Family Services
KIP partners are working collaboratively towards a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and prosperous community.
KIP is the community-wide, multi-sector partnership, working to strengthen Kingston’s capacity to welcome immigrants and improve integration outcomes through enhanced economic, social, political and civic participation.
- We collaborate, build partnerships and connect
- We believe in a welcoming, diverse and prosperous Kingston
- We are an ambassador for change and celebrate success
- We help newcomers build their capacity, voice and power
- We measure our impact and are accountable